Facing some problems with the connectivity towards RDB, we were looking towards solutions
- Schema information did not appear in SSIS wizards/Tools. For example character columns were represented as nvarchar (0).
- Precision with numeric columns
After scanning the Internet for solutions, we came up with following alternatives
- Buy a OLE-DB driver for RDB (Attunity)
- Emulate RDB as an Orcale Database and use the OLE-Db driver for Oracle
- New ODBC driver for RDB (3.0) from Oracle.
Fortunately a third option worked for us (free !)